- Former US Pres. Trump announced on Truth Social that he received a letter Sunday from Special Counsel Jack Smith, stating that he is the target of a Jan. 6 grand jury investigation. Trump added that he expects to be arrested and indicted.1
- In his social media post, Trump called Jack Smith 'Deranged' and that he was given 'a very short 4 days to report to the grand Jury, which almost always means an Arrest and indictment [sic].' It's unknown what the charges against Trump are.2
- The letter, potentially the third criminal indictment faced by Trump this year, came after prosecutors in recent weeks called a number of Trump allies before the grand jury, including Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner and former aide Hope Hicks.3
- Smith's prosecutors, who are probing whether anyone in Trump’s orbit illegally sent fake slates of electors to Congress to overturn the 2020 election, have also subpoenaed Trump's former personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and lawyers Jenna Ellis and Kenneth Chesebro, among other former Trump legal aides.4
- Referencing the Democratic party, Trump also alleged that the 'WEAPONIZED DOJ AND FBI target and harass those who complain about the cheaters, and the massive fraud that took place.' Trump has already pleaded not guilty to 37 federal charges stemming from Smith’s probe into allegations of improper retention of classified records last month.1
- Pro-Trump narrative, as provided by PJ Media. The corrupt and weaponized US Dept. of Justice has incessantly gone after Trump ever since he left office. This is also blatantly calculated, as shown by Attorney General Merrick Garland's choice to pull the grand jury from Washington, DC — a district where Trump has received less than 5% of the vote in previous elections. You don't throw bogus charges at a former president, in areas where the people hate him, for any other reason than to force him out of political existence.
- Democratic narrative, as provided by Guardian. The irony of MAGA Republicans accusing Democrats of politically motivated witch hunts is remarkable. Republicans think that Trump, the man who stole classified government documents and put the nation's security at risk, is more of a victim than Pres. Biden, who's facing calls for impeachment over the kangaroo court surrounding Hunter Biden. The government is being weaponized — but not by Democrats. Trump has no one to blame but himself for his legal woes.