- In a new book, former US Attorney Geoffrey Berman has claimed that, during his tenure in the Southern District of NY, he was repeatedly pressured by Justice Dept. (DOJ) officials to use his office to aid the Trump admin. politically.
- As reported by The New York Times, which obtained an advance copy of “Hold the Line,” Berman wrote that the DOJ “kept demanding that I use my office to aid them politically, and I kept declining.”
- Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) has reportedly requested information from Attorney General Merrick Garland, specifically referencing allegations from the book.
- Berman has alleged that the Trump-led DOJ pressured him to remove the former president’s name from any references to the campaign finance fraud case against former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen.
- The book also reportedly covers efforts by Trump’s DOJ to investigate former Sec. of State John Kerry, whom the Trump admin. alleged was attempting to undercut its relations with Iran regarding the nuclear deal.
- Berman acted as a US Attorney between 2018–20, with Durbin stating that the new information “compound[s] the already serious concerns raised by then-Attorney General [Bill] Barr’s 2020 efforts to replace Mr. Berman with a Trump loyalist.”
- Left narrative, as provided by NY Mag. While Trump has accused the Biden administration of politicizing the DOJ, it’s clear that this happened under Trump’s watch. There is every indication that if Trump and the Republicans regain control of the White House, the weaponization of the DOJ will be even worse.
- Pro-Trump narrative, as provided by Western Journal. How many times will anti-Trumpers hear about a new so-called “bombshell” allegation and still believe it? The left is continually attempting to smear Trump with every possible allegation and conspiracy. Each time such irrational allegations are made, though, Trump gains the upper hand.