- An Iranian, who federal prosecutors claim is part of an operative that targets dissidents living in exile, and two Canadians have been charged for the alleged attempted assassination of two Maryland residents.1
- According to court documents, Naji Sharifi Zindashti hired Damion Patrick John Ryan and Adam Richard Pearson for at least $350K to carry out the alleged killings on US soil in 2021.2
- The Department of Justice (DOJ) claims that Zindashti used SkyECC, an encrypted messaging service, to recruit assassins, identify victims, and plan the logistics of the murders-for-hire.3
- US and UK officials claim Zindashti operates a criminal network on behalf of the Iranian government to target Iranian dissidents and activists abroad.4
- According to the DOJ, Ryan and Pearson are members of the Hells Angels motorcycle gang and are serving a prison sentence in Canada on 'unrelated offenses.'2
- Meanwhile, the Treasury Department and the UK have announced taking joint action against Zindashti's network, which they allege is supported by Iran's Ministry of Intelligence and Security.5
- Anti-Iran narrative, as provided by Guardian. Iran is targeting dissidents around the world, using intelligence operatives to orchestrate assassination attempts against citizens who flee its brutal regime. The DOJ's case against Naji Zindashti and his accomplices isn't out of the ordinary, unfortunately, as Tehran has repeatedly sought to persecute Tehran's dissidents. The US and the UK must remain vigilant against Iranian attacks on their residents and send a message that Iran's aggression will not be tolerated.
- Pro-Iran narrative, as provided by Irna. The US and UK are once again hypocritically levying baseless accusations against Iran as they continue to push for war. Western powers are quick to blame Iran for any wrongdoing by an Iranian and label groups as 'terrorists.' However, the West is the real aggressor. Iran is committed to defending itself and its people against hostile adversaries who continue to lie and demonize the nation for their nefarious gain.